Neko

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Week in review (a "when I remember to do it" feature)

This was the week of my 42nd birthday. At least this year, I wasn't sick or getting over something.

Sunday 2/5: Jeff went over to my sisters to watch Joey. Tori told me that Scott isn't turning in his homework, so now she has access to Scott's grades online. I think that's a great idea. I wish they had something like that when Daniel and Jeff were in high school (seeing that they were in the same school district). I think they started that after Jeff graduated in 04.

Monday 2/6: Of course, with the money Jeff got for babysitting his cousin, he had to go over to the mall and blow it on a manga (I can't believe those books are that expensive!).

Several times this week, Saon IM'd me for one lame excuse after another. For someone I dated for two years , you'd think he'd know when my birthday is. I think all he knows is that it's in February.

Tuesday 2/7: Jeff goes back over to Tori's to watch Joey. My eternal search for a radio job is ongoing. I heard from several potential employers this week. Allaccess.com is a Godsend! Now if one of those stations would just give me a job, I'd be the happiest late-bloomer radio rookie on the globe!

Wednesday 2/8: Back over to the mall with Jeff. This time, in addition to a manga, he buys me a birthday gift... then gives it to me when we meet up in the food court! For the 4th year in a row, I have a 365 Cats desk calendar!

I also got a call from a Program Director in Colorado, and it sounds promising. I'd have the opportunity to learn everything, and provided I work hard and prove myself, would be willing to put me in touch with other radio stations around the country.

Thursday 2/9: MY BIRTHDAY!!! I got a lot of birthday greetings from various sources, including one from a new site called "Blogger Birthdays". Apparently, the guy who runs that blog is from the OKC area, if what Site Meter says is so. How cool is that?! "Blogger Birthdays" is now on my blogroll if you want to check him out.

I also called Vincent, who has been in the hospital up in Enid for about a month, and expects to be there for another month. The poor guy is bored out of his gourd! If I can get the funds together to buy gas, I might take a little road trip up that way.

Friday 2/10: Did do much of anything today. Saon popped on and offline at will, talked to a friend who got free tickets to Saturday's Blazers (hockey team) game at the Ford Center, and did some research into the radio station up in Colorado.

So... how was YOUR week?



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--