Neko

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Post #1111

The football game last night was a disaster of almost epic proportions...

First of all, Del City lost. Second of all, the sound that was broadcast over the air was really crappy. It sounded like the guys at the stadium were broadcasting from inside a mudslide! Vincent and I thought that it was because there was a window open in the press box, because the band and the crowd pretty much drowned out the announcers.

I think, now that I've thought about it, the difference in the equipment used may have contributed to the muddled sound quality. At the beginning of the season, we were using headsets for the broadcasts. The last couple or so, there were actual microphones on a table, and the mics picked up everything within range, not just the voices we wanted to hear.

I'm glad I volunteered to do the football games, though. I got experience that I might have gotten otherwise, or until I landed at a station that did that sort of thing on a regular basis.

=====

Tomorrow is the first NaNoWriMo meeting in OKC. As the municipal liaison, it was my job to organize something like this. I hope all the people who said they were coming actually come.

I hope it's not like last year where I had to practically had to bully people to come out for one of these things. After having no one show up to the two I organized, I kinda got discouraged. But, then I was doing it alone. This year I have another ML here in the OKC area, and one in Tulsa.

=====

I have a headache. I'm going to hunt up some Tylenol or something.



That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--