Neko

Friday, October 21, 2005

Grrrrrr....Yahoo!

Here I am, in the middle of a conversation with Saon, and Yahoo! Mess-up-enger shuts me down. Not only that, but then takes its sweet ass time letting me log back in, and by that time, Saon's gone offline. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Saon IM'd me around Midnight to tell me that he was talking to his former foster father, John, on Messenger. I'm glad they finally got to hook up and talk to each other. After a while, John inexplicably goes offline, and Saon took it personally. First of all, the guy's in Indonesia, and it's 12 hours later there. And maybe, the internet service there isn't all that great. I tried explaining that to Saon, but I think it fell on deaf ears.

I think what happened to John, going offline without warning, is the same thing that happened to me. I wrote Saon an email trying to explain, and I hope he understands that I just didn't kick him to the curb, that what happened was beyond my control.

Saon told me some of the things he said to John, and they were very sweet. John apparently filled a very large void in Saon's life, and actually cared for him and about him, and just wasn't taking in foster kids to get money from the state (in this case, Mississippi). Saon really respects this man for everything he did for this kid with no real family, no real support system. I think John was touched, but for some reason was unable to respond. Whether that was Yahoo!'s fault or what, I'll never know.

I better get to bed. Larry's going to let me study for my final tomorrow (er, today) instead of doing an air show. And I think I got the power equation concept down. I'll practise more over the weekend, so by Monday, I'll be totally ready for the final.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--