Neko

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lord, I am so tired....

I worked the Audioslave show last night at the Cox Center. It was a good show, but I am worn out! I got there at 3:15pm and didn't leave til nearly midnight! It's my knees and feet that took the brunt of the standing all night. I didn't count on having to chase down barrier jumpers and roughhousing a drunk concertgoer out of the arena when he jumped the barrier! He wouldn't go quietly, so I grabbed his shirt and told him to get the fuck out while I shoved him out the door to one of my supervisors, who then took him to the cops on site.

And, my God, Chris Cornell is one sexy man! And Tom Morello (I think that's his name) can produce some awesome sounds from his guitar!

The two other bands, Seether and 30 Seconds to Mars were good, too. The crowd was kind of lackluster towards 30 Seconds to Mars. The poor singer was trying to get a reaction from the crowd and they just weren't into it. It was like "give me a hell yeah" and the crowd was "hell...yeah...big fuckin' deal. Bring on Audioslave."

Seether is a little better known, based on their hits "Remedy" and "Broken", which the singer did solo and was very good (the original studio version of "Broken" is a duet with Amy Lee of Evanescence).

Audioslave did a lot of songs from their new album, "Out of Exile", but threw in a couple of old Soundgarden songs (Chris Cornell was the singer for Soundgarden a decade ago), "Spoonman" and "Black Hole Sun", which Cornell did acoustically and dedicated to the families, survivors and victims of the OKC bombing in 1995.

I was hoping that they'd play "I Am the Highway" and "Cochise", and they were the last two songs they did.

Hopefully, I'll get paid for this show and the last OU game I did (the one where some student blew himself up outside the stadium) soon.



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--