Neko

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

"Who pissed in your cornflakes?"

I said that to Mom the other night while describing the sour demeanor of a woman who works at Braum's, and Mom absolutely cracked up!

I think I first heard that phrase while I was working for the carnival three summers ago. <--Man, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but it was. A whole lifetime ago (yeah, Joe's maybe, seeing's he's only 2 1/2).

Best bumper sticker I saw today: All the men I love are either married, gay, or dead.

Weirdest thing that happened to me today: I had to evict a cricket from the studio where I was doing my show today. I took it outside to hop away freely. With my luck, someone stepped on it as soon as I went back inside.

Rachael (the admissions director at school) wanted me to flush it down the toilet. Apparently one made its way into her office as well.

A lot of pigeons and other birds hang out near the school, so the cricket probably became some birds lunch. Ain't nature grand?



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--