Neko

Thursday, June 16, 2005

What's your name...

I have this production project at school I had to do. It was record and produce the writing assignment from my Vocal Coaching class. The commercial was for a local attraction, and I wrote it as a dialogue with two very bored kids. I had Scott and Marc in mind when I wrote it. When I read it Tuesday night, I had two guys portray the kid parts, and they totally goofed around with it. So I asked Ben if I could bring Scott and Marc in to record those parts, and he said it was a good idea. I bounced the idea off Larry the next day, and he didn't have a problem with it, either.

So I brought the boys to school and they recorded the two lines apiece for me. It went very well. I wanted to check the microphone levels so I had each boy say their full name. Marc somehow either got confused or goofy and recorded his first name and Scott's middle name. I just looked at him and said, "what's your name again?"

After that was all over, Scott and Marc met some of my classmates. The day class was getting ready to do group shows, so we got out of there to get out of the way.

We went over to Sonic for lunch, then I took the boys home.

I'm going back in about an hour. We're (the night class) going to be doing group shows tonight, too. Hope it goes better than last time, when the two goof-offs I was grouped with tried to out cool each other and all I did was read news.

(Bad influence, indeed :P )


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--