Neko

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Um, hello? Just a reminder that...

I DON'T FUCKIN' READ MINDS!! GOT THAT?

I went to pick up Daniel at work today, and I sat in the parking lot waiting for him for damn near an hour, and, no Daniel. So I call over to my sister's to see if he got a ride home some other way. Daniel answers the phone.

"Why couldn't you call me and say you'd gotten a ride home?" I asked him.

"I didn't go in today. I called in sick."

"And you didn't think to let me know before I go and sit in the parking lot for an hour?"

"No one told you?" he asked.

Um, no.

"That's your responsibility, Daniel. You should have given me a heads up before I went out there."

"Well, gee, Mom...sorry."

Sorry? That's all you have to say? Sorry?!

No, no one bothered to call me to say, hey, Stef, Daniel didn't go into work today. He's not feeling well, so don't go pick him up today.

So far, 41 sucks. I hate, with a passion, being made a fool of. By my own family, no less!

I have never had, nor anticipate the sudden acquirement of, the ability to read someone's mind. Just how was I supposed to know Daniel wasn't at work?

Looks like I know where I stand within my family. My opinions, nor my feelings, don't mean diddly to anyone.

What a great birthday present they've given me. I mean nothing to them. I'm just a free babysitter, taxi service, and housesitter to them. Thanks. Thanks one hell of a lot.


And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--