Neko

Monday, September 27, 2004

"Waiter, call Homeland Security, I think there's a terrorist in my soup!"

I've been reading this book by comedian David Brenner called I Think There's a Terrorist in My Soup: How to Survive Personal and World Problems with Laughter--Seriously. This book is seriously hilarious! Not downplaying the seriousness of the current world situation, Brenner pokes fun at everything, and you can't help but laugh at his observations. My favorite bit so far is this:

About the color coded terror warning system-- it comes in five basic colors: green for low, blue for guarded, yellow for elevated, orange for high and red for severe. Green, blue and yellow are relatively minor, but--

"Orange Alert: Pray and/or throw up;
Red Alert: Get the hell out of your house and out of the country. Major terrorist shit is about to hit our fan!"

It's gotten to the point that we see one of these terror warnings and kind brush them off. Brenner believes there's got to be a better system. Unfortunately, our Homeland Security Department has yet to think of one.

So if you want to laugh as a way to get thru this trying time in our nation's history (because you know it will be history to my as yet unborn --i.e. not even a glimmer in their daddies eyes-- grandchildren), I highly recommend this book. You will laugh your ass off!

--MorelaterZ--