Neko

Friday, September 24, 2004

This post has no title, just words and a tune

Britney has managed to stay married almost a whole week, ladies and gentlemen!

Now there is some controversy (naturally) that Britney and gold digging hubby Kevin Federline faked their nuptials, and will actually wed in October as originally planned. Britney, of course, denies this.

So are they or aren't they?

Well, they got married in California (she did something right. Cali is a community property state), and a couple has either 60 or 90 days to file their license with the county recorders office of the county they were married in. Usually, that's done by the person officiating at the ceremony, not by the couple.

I was married in California 21 years ago (had my ex and I not divorced, that's how long we would have been married), and I don't recall that we had to send our license off to the Orange County Recorders Office. I think the preacher who married us did that. Maybe even Jon's mother did that, as she convienently worked in the County Recorders office at that time. I honestly don't remember that little detail.

Still, I give the marriage a year at best, or until Britney figures out that the only thing Kevin loves about her is her tax bracket. Now before you dedicated followers of Britney spam me with nasty comments, think about this: she gave him the money to buy her engagement ring, to the tune of some 40 grand! Explain that? And before you tell me that he doesn't have that kind of money, he couldn't buy his blushing bride to be a ring he could afford, and maybe trade up later?

I'll never understand these vain, I'm-better-than-everyone-so-worship-me-dammit celebrities. At least I have my dignity (as battered as it is) and don't go walking around with a rat-dog dressed in designer duds, a la Paris Hilton.

But that's another rant for another day.

--MorelaterZ--