Neko

Friday, September 03, 2004

If you don't have it, don't put out signs saying you do

There's this gas station and mini mart near my house that has signs that advertise that this establishment has an ATM from a local bank. It just happens to be the bank Mom has an account with. Since I'm usually the one who pays for everything using her ATM card, I thought that I would get some money out of the machine. I went inside and used the machine, but before I could finish, a message popped up saying that the account would be charged $1.50 for the transaction. The ATM wasn't affiliated with Mom's bank.

I mentioned this to the clerk, that if they're going to have signs saying that [Name of Bank here]'s ATM is inside their store, then maybe they should have [Name of Bank]'s ATM. This place did not. The clerk just looked at me and said that she didn't know anything about it and I could talk to the manager, who convienently was not onsite. "Then if you don't have it, don't put out signs saying you do," I told her, now more than a little PO'ed that all she was capable of doing was passing the buck.

I ended up using an ATM at one of the bank's branch locations.

Then I went to the 7-11 to get Mom her cigs, and as I walked in, I saw someone wearing the Eskimo Joe's "Party Party" tshirt that I wrote about a month ago(where I asked that if a reader ended up buying one from the Eskimo Joe's site, to send me a pic of you wearing it). I told the man who was wearing it that I had seen it on the net and finally saw someone wearing out in public. The man turned around, and he ended up being one of the news anchors from the local NBC affiliate in Oklahoma City . I recognized him immediately, and I said rather casually, "Oh, you're Lance West." Well, he was really cool about the whole thing, especially since he was dressed in not only the tshirt, but shorts too. Very cool. This kind of thing would have never, ever happened where I grew up in Orange County, CA.

Then I went home. Mom wanted lunch so I went over to McAlister's Deli to get some sandwiches. I would have usually called in the order, but I couldn't find the McAlister's menu, so I went and placed the order at the shop. While I was waiting for it to be ready, "Dorothy" from The Wizard of Oz came in with her mom and dad (okay, it was a three year old girl dressed in a similar dress and even wore "ruby slippers").

So, that's been my day so far...

Saon didn't get in touch with me today, so I hope all is going well, and he'll call me or IM me at some point before he goes to New Orleans next week. We had a good conversation last night. I miss him a lot.

--MorelaterZ--