Neko

Monday, August 02, 2004

Sometimes, things do have a purpose

You've probably noticed the "PG-13" rating icon at the top of this page. I got it last year at one of those quiz sites and put it up there as kind of a joke. Now that it's been there a while, I've come to realize that I really don't want children under thirteen reading my blog. Why? Well, let me tell you:

I am the parent of two children under eighteen. They don't know that this blog exists. At times, I discuss things in this blog that I would talk about with other adults, and those things aren't appropriate for kids that age to hear (or read in this case). If there were a way to password protect this blog, or somehow prevent those under 13 from reading this, I'd do it.

I realize that there are some computer savvy kids out there, who can get around the roadblocks on the information superhighway as easily as taking a walk. If they're bound and determined to see things they have no business seeing, then they will.

I'm not about to censor myself. I'm still going to say what's on my mind.

--MorelaterZ--