Neko

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Information overload

I got a nice surprise today. JC sent me an email.

When I last wrote to him, he was trying to explain this new (?) concept he was learning about. He recently attended a seminar by new age speaker Gary Renard, and JC was trying to explain about all he had learned, but the entire concept was so over my head that I can't get my mind around it. Part of his email was him trying to explain it in a way that made sense to me...recognizing, perhaps, that I'm not stupid, and that there are just some theories that I'm not going to get no matter how hard I try. Quantum physics might be easier for me to understand!

For example: Hope you don't think I'm turning into a holy roller!

What I am doing is slowly waking from this dream is all.
Believe me! This is all a dream. The reason we aren't awake in reality is because really we are sleeping in God's kingdom.

The reason why we're asleep? Is because we feel horrible that we've rejected God and His kingdom to be 'here.'
Since he doesn't know anything but love and joy, he doesn't acknowledge this dream.


Huh?

This is just a little more information than my brain can process. This challenges all I've ever learned regarding my personal beliefs. Where does the Bible fit into all this? Is there even a place for it? Is everything I've been taught as a Catholic a lie? I'm not so sure I want to know the answer to that, with all due respect to JC.

I have to do this at my own pace, and if my pace is as slow as a turtle crossing the road, then so be it.

I have no problem admitting that I'm confused...

JC is one of my dearest friends, and if it's his bag,, more power to him. Carlos Castenada and Don Miguel Ruiz were easier to understand, IMHO.

--MoReLaTeRz--