Neko

Monday, July 05, 2004

The Fourth...at the Nervous Dog Cafe'

While everyone else went up to Enid, Mom and I stayed here (no one ever asks us if we want to go anyway). I went over to my sister's and put her dogs in the garage while the fireworks and stuff were going off. They have three dogs now, but three years ago, they had a fourth one, a Jack Russell terrier named (what else?) Jack. Over the Fourth holiday that year, Jack got out and ended up getting hit by a car and died. So, they try to keep the remaining dogs in the garage during the fireworks, and I was asked to put them in there, then go back later and put them back in the backyard.

When I went back, there were three very agitated canines. I put them in the backyard and sat out there with them for a while. The older female, Betsy (I call her "Lovebug"), practically climbed into my lap. After I got them all calmed down, I left to go home. I wasn't home 15 minutes when Dean shows up at our door to bring Jeff home!

So other than watching "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS, that was my weekend. Wee.

--MorelaterZ--
(I gotta sleep)