Neko

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

From the tabloids (oh how I hate those rags!)

275-lb Martha Stewart collapses (too fat)

Mary-Kate Olsen: skin and bones (too skinny)

Oprah loses 95 lbs! (she was too fat, now just right?)

~*~~*~*~~*~


Give me a break and a little credit for brains here! What is the big obsession over celeb's weight here? So what if Martha is heavy, that should be the least of her worries.

Mary-Kate is a small girl anyway, and maybe she is a little too thin. She and her twin sister have been under scrutiny their entire lives. C'mon tabloid people, leave them alone. Let them do their thing without the glare of the paparazzi and the stingers of the tabloid press. They're not even 18 yet, geez! And you know, the minute either one of them gets fat, the tabloids will be all over that like stink on a garbage heap.

Good for Oprah! I know she worked hard to get where she is weight loss wise. Why is it such news? Anyone who watches her show can see she's lost weight. Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Maybe if the tabloid press would concentrate on a celebrity's body of work, rather than the size of their body, then maybe I wouldn't be so disgusted when I see this shit on the newsstands.

I'm glad I'm not famous. I'm too opinionated for my own good and I'd probably read them the riot act every time they published something untrue about me. If they wanted to know something about me, wouldn't I be the one they'd ask?

I just want to live my life on my terms...

MorelaterZ--