Neko

Sunday, May 02, 2004

"You know I love ya and I miss ya and I think about you all the time...

don't you?" Saon asked me.

Saon called this morning. Michele has served him with divorce papers. He's still in MN and he's working while Michele appears to be allergic to being employed.

He's doing okay, but I could tell he was miserable just by the sound of his voice. Michele's whole family (except, apparently, her mother) seems to think that Saon is there to support their lazy butts. Michele's boyfriend is staying there now, too, I gather. Man I'll bet that's awkward! The boyfriend and the soon to be ex husband?

I asked him, "if you knew what was waiting for you when you got there, why didn't you just send Michele up there alone?" Saon replied, "I don't know."

And that's part of the dilemma he finds himself in; he's impulsive...he does things before thinking about the outcome. More often than not, he comes to regret it.

Saon wants me to come up to Hutch to visit at some point, and I told him that I would entertain the possibility. He said he'd pay for me to take the Greyhound round trip and for the stay in the motel. Truth be told, though, I'm rather hesitant to go to Minnesota. I don't want to have anything to do with Michele or her family, and Saon said that I wouldn't have to worry about that. I've never been to Minnesota, so I would like to take a look around, but I don't want to stay there. I still want to go back to New England. It's not Oklahoma, it's not Louisiana, and it's not Minnesota, but still familiar enough to both of us to be inviting.

I just don't know...I want to be with Saon, but I don't want a repeat of that disatrous trip to Gretna last September. That just about killed me...

I just want it to all work out.

MorelaterZ--