Neko

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

He says, "Did you call me?"

Um, no, Saon, I didn't. Why?

"Someone called here asking for me. I thought it might be you because the guy who answered the phone didn't think it was Michele."

Oh.

His excuses to call me are getting to be so lame. Why doesn't he just come out and say, "I just thought I'd give you a call..." or something like that. And, he called my cell phone first, and he almost never does that.

Anywho...he sounds depressed. He told me that things are "goin'", meaning that they are probably not going well with his alleged ex-wife. He said that he's got "bills up the ass", and that he and the IB aren't exactly getting along. She's not working, so money's really tight. He says because he has their only car, she can't really go and look for work. I told him that "half your family works for the cab company, what's stopping her from calling someone to pick her up and take her somewhere?" or why couldn't she look for work within walking distance? Is she that lazy? He wants to use their tax refund to buy himself a Crown Vic(toria) so she can have her truck back. Prolly even then she won't look for a job. She wants to be taken care of, but that's not really possible for a couple to live on one income (trust me, when Jon and I were still married, we did that, and it wasn't working...and this was 5, 6, and 7 years ago!). That girl needs a reality check, and I wouldn't mind giving her one! Personally, I think Saon should insist she get a job, and if she can't or won't, then he should ship her ass back to Minnesota and her mother. But, I can't suggest that to Saon, because he won't listen (and later I'll hear, "why didn't you tell me?" to which I would say that it probably wouldn't have done a lick of good). This is beginning to sound like what happened last year when they tried to reconcile. They are both very opinionated and stubborn people and they each want to be in control. Trouble with that is, someone has to be willing to relinquish control, and I don't see that happening with them.

Saon wants me to send him the manuscript for Carnyville, but not to his house in Westwego. He gave me the address to Belle Chasse to send it there in care of him. So Michele doesn't have a problem with Saon having female friends, eh? Sounds like a personal problem to me. Of course, maybe it's just me he doesn't want her to know that he's talking to me again. I stopped trying to figure out his logic long ago.

I may send him the manuscript to him at Belle Chasse. I don't know...

I can't figure out his marital problems for him, and it appears that neither one of them is willing to change to save their marriage.

They're both adults, let them figure it out. If they can't, then they should end it. Even I know that's no guaratee that Saon will want to get back with me. I only want him to be happy, and I fear he isn't.

MorelaterZ--