Neko

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Help me pay for my son's college education...

My son Jeff is going to college in the fall, and he's now applying for scholarships and grants and stuff. We're not going to do the financial aid stuff unless we absolutely have to. And since they have raised the tuition at the two schools that Jeff is considering (or rather, they're considering him), I'm going to need all the help I can get to pay for it.

What's next? A "bumpah stickah" (really missing life in New England right now) that says, "My kid and my money go to [insert name of college here]" ?

Right now, my kid, and eventually my money, will be going to college in Oklahoma, since he is a resident. He really had his heart set on a California school, though. He's applied to three in the University of California system that I am aware of. If one of them could offer Jeff a four year scholarship, that would be ideal. It's unlikely, of course...Jeff is a "B" student who has had to work very hard to achieve that. Pretty damned impressive for a kid with ADD if you ask me (and I know you didn't).

We'll see what happens here in the next few months...

MorelaterZ--