Neko

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

And he said he'd never leave Louisiana again...

Saon called me yesterday with the news that he and the IB are heading back to Minnesota next month. Apparently, her sister is very ill with Hepatitis C (think Naomi Judd and Pam Anderson), and Michele now wants to be there for her. Wasn't it because her sister was sick that she left, that she couldn't handle the stress, etc? Hmmm...is she able to handle it better now?

Anyway, Saon says he's going to tell Belle Chasse at the end of the month that he will be leaving. He's also giving up his place in Westwego (he moved there not just a month ago) and staying with a friend until they leave.

We talked for a few minutes, and he asked how things were there. I told him that I was thinking about going back to Massachusetts and he asked me, "why you wanna go back there?" Because there is nothing other than temp jobs for me here in Oklahoma, I told him, and I have people I can talk to there, because I can't talk to my family about anything. All he said was "oh" then said he had to go because there was a run ready to leave.

They'll be moving into his mother in law's house (that Michele helped her buy), and M-I-L will be staying with the sick sister. Personally, Michele should go alone initially and get things set up there while Saon works in New Orleans and saves enough money to have a little to live on in case he doesn't find work there right away. It won't happen that way, though, because Saon's all about doing things now before he has a chance to think about them. If I even suggest something like that, he'll just blow it off and when it blows up in his face (like the last time he went there), he'll ask why I didn't say anything; to which I'd just say "Because you wouldn't have listened anyway."

I think he was a little put off by my declaration that I wanted to go back to Massachusetts. He knows how my life here is, I don't see why he's so surprised. But, I can't worry about what he thinks about what I do anymore. If he's truly my friend, then he'll support me in whatever I decide.

The upside to all this (and there is one, believe it or not): Michele will have Saon to lean on during times of stress because of her sister's illness, and Saon will be out of the West Bank and away from all those people who want to see him fail.

And I still have that ragin Cajun as my friend...I wonder if I'll ever get over him...

MorelaterZ--