Neko

Sunday, December 14, 2003

One year ago...

when I was preparing to come here to Oklahoma, there was the tragic news that four little boys had fallen into the Merrimack River in Lawrence, Massachusetts and died. It seems impossible that it was only a year ago, but it has. I know it's probably been a very difficult year for the families of these boys, and indeed for the entire city of Lawrence. I read in the Eagle-Tribune recently, that a fence has been erected at the river's edge to keep this tragedy from happening again. I remember that just before I left, a lot of the banks in the area were collecting money for the victims' families for funeral expenses, and I donated $20. I'd want someone to do that for me if it were my family who'd just lost a child and I couldn't afford to bury them.

I think I will always remember this, because of the day it fell on, December 14th. My oldest son, Daniel, is twenty years old today...

MorelaterZ--