Neko

Monday, August 11, 2003

"Out on the road today..."

I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac. Little voice inside my head said Don't look back, you can never look back... --Boys of Summer, Don Henley (NOT The Eagles. My bad.)

The Ataris did a nice cover of this song.

In Other News:

So much for the tricked out 86 Mustang. Saon bought a Chevy S-10 pickup. He called today when Marc and Amalia were here (Tori took Joey and Scott to the doctor for checkups). That's when he told me about the truck. Later, we talked on Mess-up-enger about my coming down there, and all the stuff that needs to be done in the house. I got the addresses of a couple of temp agencies in the Gretna/Marrero/Harvey (aka the Westbank) area that I can contact when I get there.

I took Jeff to Marching Band practice, and I have to go fetch him at 9pm. He has practices 6-9pm Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday next week. Wednesday, it's from 8am-12noon, then the trip to the OKC National Memorial. This years halftime show is based on the events of April 19, 1995. I've always wanted to see the Memorial, it should be an interesting day.

We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity.



I was going to post a series of rants yesterday, about various things that I found funny or ironic or just plain stupid (like why is J.Lo and Ben on every damned magazine cover, and who cares whether he cheated on her or not?), but I'm going to refine it and post it another time.

Gotta jump...MorelaterZ--