Neko

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

rather eventful

I went to check out the plasma donation thing yesterday, and I got totally lost. I ended up in the rundown side of OKC. Since I was low on gas, I decided that I would go up to Manpower and see if there were any jobs for the rest of this week. They told me that there haven't been too many clerical jobs lately, but would put me on the available list. They called me this morning with a job that starts on Friday. It's in the State Capitol area (Oh great, that place is a friggin maze!)

After I left Manpower, I went into the restroom and called the plasma center, and they gave me directions, but I didn't have the time or inclination, or gasoline for that matter, to go all the way back across town. I'll go on Thursday while I'm out looking for the place I'm working on Friday.

Jeff had to be at Marching Band practise at 6pm, and there was a "mandatory" Band Camp meeting at 7pm. The meeting lasted 2 hours, and it was boring as hell. Then, as I was waiting for Jeff to pack up his horn and come to the car, the parents of another band student were having car trouble and needed a jump. I tried to jump their van, but when they started their engine, all it did was click. Sounded like the starter was shot. That took until about 10pm, then we went home, after getting Mom a pack of cigs and a coffee. Saon had called while I was out, and he asked Mom to have me call him at work when I got home.

I called him when I got home, and he was having dinner. He was the only deckhand there so he'd been busy (for a change). We only talked for about 5 minutes, because he had to go out on a run, but would call me later. I guess the run lasted longer than he thought because he never did call me back.

This morning, I had to take Jeff back to school for another band practise, then afterwards, we're going with the band and some parents to the Bombing Memorial.

More on that later....