Neko

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Picayune

I've been missing you fiercely all these months
Now, it looks like we're going to reunite
Restart, resume.
I cannot wait to be in your arms again-
To feel the touch of your skin,
The urgency of your lips upon mine
To feel safe again.

There was something missing
My life appeared in control from the outside
Inside, it was in chaos.
Bangor was the first time I felt that someone
saw me for who I am
Not for what they wanted me to become.

Thank you...

When you left that November,
My life felt cheated, but I remembered
You had a life before we met.
It was calling you back for closure
It was time to go and face the past.
Though it was hard to see you leave
I knew I had to let you go.

Friends forever, you said.

I prayed you were happy in your old life
But your voice betrayed your words
You couldn't find a way to make it work
Although you tried...I know you tried.
Your voice on the phone that day you told me
You were heading to Picayune
Absolutely broke my heart...I could feel your pain

I sat in the car and cried after we hung up.

We talked a lot that week.
Making plans to see one another again
You told me you loved me, that
you always had.
I want to reconnect with you
My feelings for you never wavered
I want to be in your arms again, to be safe, to be loved.

Now, I'm on a bus, headed to Picayune.


©2003, all rights reserved.