Neko

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Cranky Amalia, Joey's Growing, and Scott and Marc fight over Hamtaro

Tori dropped the kids off at the house today while she went to take a CME (continuing medical education) study course. In order for Tori to keep her medical license, she needs to take a certain amount of CME courses.

Amalia was tired, but she didn't want to take a nap, and she was bossy. Joey is eating up a storm, which is indicative of a growth spurt. I swear that boy gets bigger every time I see him! Scott and Marc have this game for Gameboy based on the cartoon "Hamtaro". They are constantly fighting about whose turn it is to play. Scott gets so into the game that he doesn't pay attention to anything going on around him. We literally had to take the Gameboy away from both of them to keep them from fighting over it.

Joey, at one point, kept crying, no matter what I, Mom, or Daniel did. Daniel is really good with Joey (and I am glad that Joey is Daniel's cousin and not his kid...I was the same age Daniel is now (19) when he was born, and I'm so not ready to be a grandmother).

I had to run out to the store to get lunch for me and Mom, because even though Tori brought a box of mac and cheese for the kids, there wasn't enough for Mom and I to have some as well.

Tori finally arrived around 2:30pm, and everyone was ready to go when she got there. This was after Joey cried for about an hour and I had to feed him again, right after he finished another bottle. I thought I saw two teeth trying to emerge in Joey's bottom jaw. The average age in our family for first teeth is 4 months, so at three months, so I wasn't surprised to see that.

~*~~*~*~~*~


I've been finding some really interesting stuff on the internet lately. I found the Social Security Death Index, which lists everyone who has died that had a social security number. Social security numbers are deactivated after a person dies. I looked up my dad, uncle, paternal grandfather (my paternal grandmother never was issued an SSN because she never worked outside the home and didn't need one per the laws at that time), and maternal grandmother.

I also found the obituary for Saon's nephew who died in March.

I keep thinking about all the stuff Saon has told me about his family, the deaths of his parents, and I wonder if he needs some kind of closure to deal with them.

If it were me, I certainly would.

More laterz--