Neko

Saturday, June 21, 2003

More talks with my baby...

He sounded much better today. Apparently, there were forces at work to bring Saon to Illinois. The friend he is staying with has terminal cancer, and was taken to the hospital at three this morning. The friend and his wife have 4 children, 3 girls (ages 2, 7, and 9) and a 4 month old son. Saon has been watching the girls, and the baby went with his mother to the hospital.

He also got a carnival job (surprise...NOT!) that starts tomorrow. And, a car, too!! Things are looking up. He just needed a little faith. I would like to think that the email I sent him last night helped some.

From our convo this afternoon:

Saon: i got myself a job starting tomorrow morning
Stef: yeah? great...doing what?
Saon: working a carnival
Saon: and i have a car
Stef: why am i not surprised?
Saon: lol
Stef: a car too? awesome
Saon: thats who i am
Saon: a 91 or 92 tempo
Stef: what carnival? maybe i have it on my list for my book
Saon: i cant remember i will let you know tomorrow night
Stef: are you going to travel or is this a one time deal?
Saon: around the area
Saon: unless they offere some good money
Stef: around Illinois?
Saon: yea
Saon :and kentucky
Stef:well i hope they pay better than fiesta paid you
Saon: i think i am gonna work concessions
Saon: like games
Stef: you are good at that...i wish i could tag along
Saon: lol
Saon: not this time i need to be all bout business
Saon: i gotta have my head straight to make money
Stef: and i mess up your head?
Saon: no but i think bout u all the time when ur out there with me
Stef: awww, Saon...that was sweet of you to say
Saon: i went to the fair here in town made 30 dollars in 5 minutes for some kid working a machine gun joint
Saon: he did give me shit
Stef: well, hell...you keep that up and you'll have enough money to do whatever you want
Saon: i am going get my license next week hopefully when i get the money to go take the test
Stef: that's a step in the right direction...

I wish I could be there with him. I may talk to him tomorrow night, so I may have other things to reflect on.

More laterz--