Neko

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Post wherein Stef rants about the way people drive

so... you have been warned!

--begin rant--

I went to WalMart this afternoon, after my trip to IHOP. When I was leaving the parking lot, I noticed I was parked next to a rather large pickup, so as I am backing out, I honk my horn several times in case there was someone approaching that couldn't see that I was backing out.

There was someone. Her response to my warning was to honk back at me and mouth the word "bitch".

And here I thought I was doing a good thing by letting her inattentive ass know I was backing out of a blind spot.

But that wasn't all...

I finally get to the way out of the parking lot and there is someone stopped just before it to let me out (a good driver! yay!!!); There was no traffic in the other lane, and had to wait for the traffic going in the opposite direction to let up enough for me to get in, because that is the direction that I need to go.

Finally, there is someone going in that direction who wants to get into the parking lot I want to leave. I thought that they were going to let me pass so I can merge into traffic. Their response was to make their turn anyway, which, had they completed it, would have taken out the entire passenger side of my car. They decided to let me pass, and honked their horn-- and it wasn't a friendly gesture either.

Maybe I was wrong, I don't know. But I know that if I get into an accident in the Beretta, then it's bye bye Babydoll. And, the other person will not have either of these two things that makes you legal in the state of Oklahoma: a driver's license and/or proof of insurance.

That's just way that my luck runs. So I'd be out one car and no way to get a new one. Not to mention a trip to Midwest Regional with the resulting injuries, and by some stroke of bad luck, I'd see Dean there (he practices out of that hospital).

--end rant--

So, how was your day? :)


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , ,