Neko

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hey, Mom... ya wanna couch? It's free...

Jeff calls me this afternoon to ask me the question that is the title of this post. I told him, yes! I'd take it if he could find a way to get it here to my apartment.

So, thinking nothing more about it, I went on about my business... doing homework, reading all the uncomprehensible stuff going on in Darfur that is going to be part of a group project in my English Comp class, and baking chocolate chip cookies.

Then, I heard someone using the doorknocker to knock on the door... it was Jeff. He and Daniel had borrowed their grandmother's van to get this big blue couch to my apartment. It barely fit in the back enough to close the tailgate (2nd and 3rd row seats removed, of course).

And the damn thing was heavy! Turns out that it has two recliners at each end, a fold down "table" in the middle, and, amazingly enough, a drawer under the center seat! It took the boys about 1/2 an hour to figure out how to get it inside my apartment, because it appeared to look like the doorway wasn't wide enough. But, they got it inside, and now all I need is a real bed.

That, however, I will gladly shell out money for. A used mattress? Ewwwww!


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , , , , ,