Neko

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Drama on a Saturday Night

I saw the Del City fire department drive up late Saturday night, so I went outside to see what was up.

The gal who lives in the apartment next door had a fire in her kitchen. All of the apartments here have sprinklers, and they went off. She had been cooking and her baby started crying and distracted her, and the next thing she knew, the pan was on fire.


She was outside sitting on the curb holding the baby (who slept thru the whole thing). She doesn't have a phone, so I offered to call her husband but she didn't know how to reach him. She tried a couple of different numbers with no results. The fire captain offered to have her and her baby to sit in one of the fire trucks to get out of the cold.








(all three) Fire trucks at night

When I looked into her apartment, I realized that her kitchen and mine shared a common wall. I went inside and my kitchen floor has a good quarter inch of water on it, and the rug just outside the kitchen is soaked.


Wet rug (left); Water on kitchen floor (right).

The property manager was out and he said that they're trying to get someone to clean up the water in both apartments. The water on the kitchen floor will probably be dry by morning. It's the water in the rug that concerns me. Mold could grow under there. That would not be a good thing.
There will be more to this, I'm sure. Stay tuned.


That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--

Labels: , , ,