Neko

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I had to laugh... or, a request from Hannie

Johanna left me a comment today, asking me to write about the worst obscene phone call I ever got while working at the call center that shall remain nameless in Virginia (that oughta narrow it down...heheh). She and I worked together there for a while, then I left to move to Massachusetts in 1999; she transfered to the company's facility in Texas; then she left eventually.

Okay, here is the worst obscene phone call that I got that I actually remember:

It was Christmas time. When we answered calls, we had to use the "holiday greeting" the company required us to use (under penalty of death, perhaps?): "Happy Holidays from (the company that shall remain nameless)! How may I help you?"

Upon hearing this cheery greeting, the male caller on the other end let out a string of obscenities that would make a salior blush. Something about how Christmas was Jesus' birthday and that we at the company that shall remain nameless should be ashamed that we're profiting from His good name, and then more obscenities... something about performing an physically impossible act upon my own person with a phallic object stuck up my backside.

(I should interject here that I worked for this company for almost 9 years, so there wasn't anything any nutcase could say that would shock me.)

The thing that always got me while I worked there is, why in the world would someone call a toll free number they see on TV and talk dirty to the first female who answers the phone? The only reaction I have in these cases is to laugh myself silly. Of course, this is not what the sicko on the other end of the line wants to hear and hangs up, perhaps to try again until he gets a female to either act shocked or hang up.

I loved messing with obscene callers like this. I couldn't help it, the whole premise was obsurd!


Your turn, Hannie...



And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--