Neko

Thursday, March 03, 2005

You have been warned: I'm gonna rant about...

people who can't keep their noses outta other people's lives.

On Monday, I'm going to begin classes at a local vocational school as part of the process to make a long time dream of mine come true. Ever since I told my mother I was definitely going to do it, she's been trying to talk me out of it. She got the ammunition for this from the busy bodies who clean the house every two weeks.

Mom had mentioned to this nosy mother-daughter team that I was going back to school, and the daughter had all kinds of horror stories about going to another vocational school here in the area and had a bad experience with it. Ever since then, Mom has been doing her best to discourage me.

I haven't held a full time job for going on three years now, primarily because of my FMS. I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something with my life. Going back to school is what I decided to do. You'd think that Mom would be thrilled that I finally was going to do something constructive, but noooooooooo (thank you, John Belushi!). All she's done is belittle my efforts and discouraging me from achieving this goal (one she herself suggested to me years ago, no less). It's almost like she wants me to be her "go-fer", doing her banking and shopping for her, for the rest of my days. Then she complains that I am not bringing in an income to help her out. Since I can't find work here, and I am having a bitch of time getting Disability and SSI, I thought I'd go to school to get new skills and find another line of work.

Then she tells these busybodies, these bitches with no real life, what my plans are, and they give her the idea that it might not be a good idea for me to go to school. First of all, I do NOT like having MY life discussed with people who are virtual strangers to me; Secondly, what I do with MY life is NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS!!!!! If I were doing something illegal or immoral, then I can see the concern from my mom's point of view, but I'm just going back to school to obtain new skills! I'm not a meth addict or something like that, I'm not going to sell myself on the streets...I'm just going to school!!! Why can't anyone be happy about this POSITIVE change in my life??

Some people should keep their noses outta MY PERSONAL BUSINESS. If I wanted you to know my plans, I'd have told you myself. So go fuck yourselves. I hope you both lose your shirts in Vegas.

/end rant

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--