Neko

Monday, February 28, 2005

Ooh! Ooh! Interview me!

Here are your instructions. The first three people to leave a comment asking me to interview them will get a set of five questions.

1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here, then, are the questions I got from Kunaal at Scattered Thoughts :

1. Which city in America would you like best to live in, if you could not live in Oklahoma and why? Really and truly, I'd live in Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Maine. I can't pick just one city, because I can adapt to whatever community I settle in. When I moved to Massachusetts in 1999, I expected to hate it. I didn't, however. Indeed, I love everything about New England. It is so different from where I grew up in Southern California, so full of history and culture. I even love the ridiculous amounts of snow that every winter brings and its attendant problems.

2. Who do think will replace Bush for the '08 elections? Will you still vote Democrat(you did vote democrat this time right?)? Since our Constitution precludes Bush from running for a third term, it's not so much that someone will "replace" him, but instead be the Replublicans choice to run against the Democrats. I'd like to see John McCain from Arizona run again, but he probably won't. I'd also like to see former Secretary of State Colin Powell run, but he has said for years that he is not interested in the job. Depending who the Republicans put out there will determine whether I will vote for them. Except for the two I have mentioned, I don't know of anyone who I'd like to see run. We'll probably have a whole field of wannabes coming out of the woodwork as early as next year.

As for voting Democrat again, it depends who runs. I am a registered Independant, and I generally vote for the person who I feel will do a good job. I didn't vote for Clinton either time he ran. My first Presidential election was in 1984, when I was 20, and I'm proud to say that I voted for Ronald Reagan.

3. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I have thought about this for a while, because someone else asked me a similar question a few months ago. I would have divorced my husband when my youngest son was still a baby (he's 11 now). I recently became aware of things that my ex had done that I had no idea was going on when I trusted him to take care of the children while I worked nights. Had I any inkling that these things were going on, I'd have grabbed the kids and gotten the hell out of the marriage. But, I didn't, and for that, I will live with the "what ifs" for the rest of my life.

4. What would you want future generations to remember you most for? That I lived my life on my terms and not on someone else's agenda, or because someone else says I should live my life a certain way.

5. This one is sure to stump you...how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? But the serious question is, How did you think up the name for your blog, "Mi Vida Loca"? I thought about the status of my life in the last ten years or so, and how crazy and whacked out it seemed to be. They say truth is stranger than fiction, and I couldn't have come up with a plot even remotely like my life has turned out. "Mi vida loca" means "my crazy life" in Spanish. And though it's most notably known as the title of a movie by Allison Anders about Hispanic girls in gangs, I took the title from a song by country singer Pam Tillis ("Mi vida loca/over and over/destiny turns on a dime/I go where the wind blows/You can't tame a wild rose/welcome to my crazy life").

And that's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--