Neko

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wherein Tank's Grrl rants about...

random strangers who contact me through Yahoo! Mess-up-enger.

What caliber of whacko do I attract? The ones who want to talk about sex, show me their privates on their webcams (believe me, if you've see one penis, you've pretty much seen them all), and make jokes about my user name, try_me_on_4sighs.

There's no sexual implications in that user name, which I have been using since 1999. I got the idea for it from the tag in a nightshirt I used to have. It's just a clever play on words.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. So there :P


There are a lot of lonely, desparate men on the internet. They're looking to get their jollies any way they can, and they search the Yahoo ID listings looking for a willing and available female. There are a lot of lonely women who use the internet, too.

I am NOT, repeat NOT, one of them. I don't need to find companionship on the internet. I have no problem finding friends in real life, where my life is quite grounded, thankyouverymuch.


And what is the fascination with webcams, anyway? If I had one, I'd probably only use it when I talk to people I know in real life over the internet. There were times I wish I had one when Saon and I were doing a lot of talking thru Yahoo Messenger, but never had the finances to get one. Personally, I'd rather have a camera phone or a digital camera than a webcam. Then again, my computer is so ancient, it wouldn't support a webcam anyway. I don't have a USB port to plug it into. I don't know if there is an adapter or not. Not that it's that important to me. I've lived this long without it. I'm probably not missing much.


I'd rant about certain other things here, but there are some things I want to keep to myself and only tell the offline (i.e. a plain old spiral notebook) journal I keep. As long as I get it off my chest and not let it fester inside me, it doesn't matter what format it's in. I like the online blogs, but sometimes, not even that will help me get it out of my system. I actually have to write the words down on paper with a pen. Only then, will they be real. Then, if I choose, I can tear that page into a million tiny pieces and call it done.


Oh...if you have not had the pleasure to listen to Leave a Whisper by Shinedown, I suggest that you give it a listen. It really kicks ass! These guys are damn good, and they have a sound all their own, with influences from Skynyrd to Zeppelin to the popular bands of right now. Their cover of "Simple Man" is first rate. "45" and "Burning Bright" are destined to be classics. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.

That's all from where I sit.

--MorelaterZ--