Neko

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Stuff...

I've been reading: On Writing-- a memoir of the craft --Stephen King

I've been listening to: Boston (debut album, 1976) --Boston

I've been watching on the tube: Last Comic Standing, the Olympics, the Britcoms on PBS, The Legacy of Jim Croce (also on PBS), Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

I've been doing with my spare time: read, eat, sleep, play on the computer when it's not being a bitch

I've been getting pissed off about (though I probably shouldn't): I read in Parade magazine that Britney Spears loaned the money to her fiance Kevin Federline to buy her engagement ring. This only confirms my suspicions that he's only marrying her because she's Britney Spears, not because he loves her. What's next, her paying child support for his two kids by actress Shar Jackson?

I've been getting pissed off about (for good reason): The Social Security Administration office in Oklahoma City lost my birth certificate. When I reapplied for Disability and SSI, they required a certified copy of my birth certificate, so I sent it to them, asking that they return it after they're done with it. The other day, I got something from them, and I thought it was them returning my birth certificate, but it was paperwork I already had filled out and a request to send my birth certificate. So I called them up, and the first rep that answered didn't even ask for my name or social, he just told me that my information got lost in the mail. I told him he was a big help (NOT!!!), and hung up. Then I called back and got someone who knew what they were doing. She asked all the right questions and told me she'd look into it and have someone get in touch with me from the local office (I had called SSA's national toll free number). Not half an hour later, someone from the local office called me and told me that she would personally take care of it. I told all these people that the copy of my birth certificate I sent was the only certified copy my mother had, and I didn't want to have to buy another copy because they lost the one I sent them. The woman from the local office in OKC totally understood and said she'd call me when she found my original mailing (mailed out some 5 weeks ago!).

I am worrying about: Every-fuckin-thing, that's all; Saon, SSA, money, my health, grey hairs cropping up all over the damned place, getting my book done, etc., etc., etc.

I'm gonna do right now: tell y'all bye-bye...

--MorelaterZ--