Neko

Friday, June 04, 2004

Hypothetical question

How do I phrase this?

Okay, how's this: Saon does not know about this blog. He has no idea the things I've said about him (mostly good) and our relationship (my feelings, mostly), and other things about the goings on in my life (and my relationship with him is definitely a "goings-on" in my life).

Knowing how I'd react if someone I cared about kept a blog that mentioned me in the context of their daily life, I don't know if I should continue to keep this blog going. After all, it's not a private blog, everything I say here is "out there" for the world to read. How do I know if some of the nearly 1500 people who have visited ~*Mi Vida Loca*~ are people who know him (or worse yet, know his ex)?

Do I keep going and just not mention Saon in it anymore, or do I tell him at some point of this blog's existance and let him decide whether I continue with it? I know that there are some things in his life that he'd like to keep private, but I don't think that I've spilled too much about him here. Most everything I've written about him has been based on what he's told me, or my feelings about him and our relationship. There are definitely some aspects of his life that I will never mention here, because 1) it's not relavent to the dialogue and 2) it's not my place to tell. What happened in his life before we met is something I have little knowledge about, and what little I do know is based, again, on what he has chosen to tell me.

I guess I could keep this blog and make it private. It's been a public one for a year now, and what I've written is what is going on in my life as I write about it. For nearly two years now, he's been a significant part of my life. How do I write about my life without mentioning him in it?

I wonder what people do in the event they find a blog or some other document on the internet that mentions them, or someone they know? Would they tell the person, "Hey, so-and-so is writing about you and posting it on the net."? Are there legal ramifications if the info that's posted is not true, or it embarasses the person, or some other circumstance that I've not mentioned?

I know at some point, I should tell Saon about this blog. Perhaps, if we ever get our shit together and resume our lives together, then I will. That would be the fair thing to do, I think. I just don't want him to be angry that I've been so open with the details of my life and his part in it.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

--MorelaterZ--