Neko

Monday, May 31, 2004

or not...

Saon called back. I told him that I talked to Mom about his helping out with the bills, and that she was a bit hesitant about that because she didn't know him. He seemed okay with that. If he decides to come here, then we could find a place for him to stay while he looks for work. In the time I've known Saon, he's never had any trouble finding work, mostly because he can do the kinds of work that no one else will do: the physical, laborious, backbreaking work of a laborer.

He talked of going back to New Orleans after all. He can get his job back at Belle Chasse, and he probably wouldn't have much trouble finding a place to stay if he didn't rely on his family. Perhaps, I told him, that would be a better idea than coming to OKC. I could join him there later, once he gets re-established.

Saon told me that he's paying for his divorce from Michele this week. He just wants to get it out of the way so he can get out of there. In exchange, Michele agreed to drive Saon and his dog, Blue, to Hattiesburg, MS, where his cousin David lives. David agreed to take Blue until such time that Saon could take the dog back.

Things seem to be jelling on Saon's end. I only hope that he is indeed sincere about resuming our lives together. If I go back to New Orleans, it's to stay, no matter what happens.

--MorelaterZ--