Neko

Sunday, May 30, 2004

He may come here...

I spoke with Saon this evening, and he was home alone, so we had a nice long chat.

Things in Hutch are still bad, Saon hates his job, and he wants to get out of there soon. He told me that he is going to sign the divorce papers this week sometime, that Michele doesn't want to work at saving the marriage, and that her whole family hates him. She's supposed to be going to therapy and various doctor's appointments relating to her stay in the mental health facility, but has cancelled all of them for whatever reasons. She has a job, so she can start pulling her weight financially.

He talked about leaving MN and coming here to OKC. He wants to find a place to stay (since Mom won't allow him to stay here) and help out with the finances. Mom is kinda leery about that because she doesn't know Saon, save for what I've told her about him. Saon said that he had always accepted that I had children and that I was what I called "a package deal", and wants to be where I am, and the people I'm close to. I don't know how that is going to fly with the family, so I'll have to play it by ear.

He is still having the issue regarding his dog, Blue. He hasn't found anyone who will take him in. Saon mentioned that if he could get Blue to Mississippi, then his cousin David (who I met in Gretna last year) would take him. David's taken a job as a firefighter there.

We talked about our relationship. He wants to be with me, for good, because he's absolutely done with Michele. He says he loves me and wants a future with me. He said again he wants to marry me, but I urged caution that he not jump in to another marriage so soon after ending one. I'm not all hot to get married again. I want to give it some time and see if we this is what we really want before we jump into marriage.

Then he totally floored me by saying that he shouldn't have let me go home from Gretna last September. He didn't mean for that little incident to go as far as it did. He didn't know then what he wanted, and still feels bad that it happened and that I was hurt by it. But, as he says, it's in the past; that he wants a life with me and only me. So, I guess it's still an issue in my mind.

Lord, I want a life with Saon, and I want it to work. I want to be assured that it is really me that Saon wants. I believe him when he says that he loves me and that he wants a life with me.

Maybe, I'm just scared of being hurt again. You only hurt the ones you love?

--MorelaterZ--