Neko

Friday, April 23, 2004

"Son of a bitch!"



If you follow Doonesbury, you know what this is about. BD is a reservist serving in Iraq. He was injured in a strip earlier this week, and he's just now realized he's lost part of his leg.

I like Doonesbury because Garry Trudeau isn't afraid to ruffle a few well placed feathers. He's always right on top of current events, and this is no exception. I heard that some papers freaked out when they found out what BD said upon seeing his stump. If they think that people don't use that kind of language when faced with something like this, then they live in a fantasy world. Hell, I'd probably say the same thing if I were in that position!

I thought it was cool that, for the first time in the strip's 30+ year history, BD is seen without some kind of helmet on his head.

MorelaterZ--