Neko

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

"Hey Mister, throw me somethin'!"

I should be in the Big Easy today celebrating Mardi Gras with Saon, but after recent events, that plan kinda crashed and burned beyond recognition. I still wanted to go, even if it is raining, but because of my usual state of financial embarrassment, that became impossible.

I had an interview yesterday at another temp agency, and this one shows some promise! I don't have to call in everyday like I do with Manpower, and they'll be looking for something that matches my skills and my experience. So, we'll see what develops with this one. Maybe I can get enough cash to blow this popsicle stand!

That Mel Gibson movie, "The Passion of the Christ" is coming out tomorrow, and I'd like to go see it. It seems that it's being discussed by everyone...the Today Show had two critics on, one from the New York Times, and Richard Roeper (who replaced Gene Siskel after he passed on) from "At the Movies". The NYT guy hated it, said it was too violent, irrelevant, and was an extention of Gibson's ego and radical beliefs. Roeper thought it was a good film that showed that Christ's sacrifice and crucifixion was indeed a violent event. This is definitely NOT a movie to take young children to see, even if you, as Bill O'Reilly from FOXNews suggests, read over the scriptures with your children beforehand. Letting, let's say, sixteen year olds see it I think would be stretching it. After all, it IS rated R. From what I have seen of the movie from what's been shown on television, it is a rather intense film that tells the story of the crucifixion the way it may have happened, blood and all. If you want a pretty film, or a tame film, go rent Finding Nemo. Gibson has put his reputation on the line for this film, and he wouldn't have made it if he didn't believe it would make people think. Go, Mel!

Bush has just had a news confrence saying that there should be a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as "a union between a man and a woman". In other words, he is against so-called "gay marriages". C'mon, Mr. President, who are you to say what two consenting adults do behind closed doors? And to make all those petty comments about John Kerry because his state is actually debating the issue of allowing gay unions (Massachusetts has put off that debate until next month). You didn't mention Kerry's name specifically, but we all know who you meant.

And, what about the job issue, Mr. President? How did three-friggin-billion jobs become "lost" during your tenure in the White House, hmmm? All I know is that I have not had a regular full or part time job in nearly two years, and I blame your administration for that. I have no interest in anything you say because I know you're only saying it to get re-elected, and I'm going to work hard to make sure you don't. You can retire to that "ranch" of yours in Crawford, TX, and rake in the speaking engagment fees. Sad to say, Mr. President, your father had much more class and more brains that you do. He made his gaffes, but he was a much better President that you ever hoped to be. Why don't you just admit that there were no WMD's in Iraq and get it over with. What's wrong with our leaders telling us the truth for a change?

End rant.

MorelaterZ--