Neko

Thursday, September 18, 2003

This is pretty interesting...

This article is called "Demystifying Fibromyalgia". It suggests that new research can lead to more effective treatment for those of us who suffer from Fibromyalgia.

That would be nice if new treatments are effective enough to allow me to go back to work without pain. A cure would even be better, because I can't imagine spending the rest of my life struggling with this malady.

I was in a serious flare when I was in New Orleans. Saon doesn't understand FMS and kept suggesting I take things like Tylenol and Aleve to take care of the pain. I know he meant well, but I think if he spoke to a doctor who treated FMS, he might understand my concerns a little better. He is supportive and I am free to call him whenever I need him, even if it's just to reassure me I'm not going crazy.

I'm always encouraged by new findings to treat FMS. Maybe there'll be a cure, or some effective way to manage the pain in my lifetime. We can only hope.

MorelaterZ--