Neko

Saturday, September 27, 2003

My computer is nocturnal

it only wants to connect for extended periods of time late at night. So, once again, boys and grrls, live from the Edmond branch of the Oklahoma County Metropolitan Library System...

I am taking notes and writing out short synopses of the novel I want to write for NaNoWriMo. I think I have my main characters fleshed out enough that the reader will believe the characters are real and care about what happens to them. I'm just having trouble with the locale of the main part of the action, so I'm debating whether to fake it, or do some quickie research about the place in question and how things are done there.

In other news...Jeff had to go to school this morning for a marching band competition in Owasso, and he will be home very late tonight. I gave him my cell phone with instructions not to answer any calls unless it was me or someone in the family, so if Saon calls (yeah, right!), he's just outta luck today.

I'm going to get a paper today, since Mom only gets it on Wednesdays and Sundays, and see what kind of job listings are lurking there.

Meanwhile, I will try to coax my computer at home to connect to the net long enough to read my email. This is getting absurd!

Then again, my computer is almost 6 years old. Maybe Jeff is right and I should trade it in...but the question remains, who in the hell wants a computer from 1998???

MorelaterZ--