Neko

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Don't trash my country and expect me not to respond

I was blog-surfing via Blogger's Recently Updated Blogs page, and ran across this one.

The author of this particular blog has a post titled "I HATE BUSH AND
THE US". It seems that this person cannot differenciate between
the President of the United States and the American people who live
here. We just get lumped together, as if we are all GWB clones
who follow their leader blindly like sheep. He compared Bush to Hitler,
saying that there really is no difference between the two, except Bush
keeps it secret, and Hitler said what he thought. I did not agree with
what this person was saying and left a comment telling him so. I'll not
be surprised to hear from him. Did he honestly think Americans wouldn't
come by and read this and not say something?

Let's get one thing straight: I am proud to be an American.
Always have been, always will be. I just don't like the current
resident of1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He gets us into this war
with faulty intelligence (as if Bush were saying, "Oops, my bad!"),
declares said war over two months in, when in fact it is not; sends not
only active duty troops over, but reserves as well; men and women are
getting killed over there every day; and now wants to send retired and
separated (as in having left the service) troops over, and won't let
those already there leave the service or retire until their time in
Iraq is up. What's next, a draft? God help us!

Bush needs to go. Bush needs to go to that ranch of his in Crawford,
Texas, and write his memoirs to assure his "place in history". Gonna
rewrite history like Clinton seems to have done, Dubya ole buddy?

You can't diss my country and expect me not to defend it. My father fought in WWII protecting our way of life; Scott Speicher
was doing the same thing when he flew off the flight deck of an
aircraft carrier 13 1/2 years ago and never returned (see sidebar or
click on link). I was never in the military, so my voice is the
only way I have to express my feelings about this.


/end rant.


--MorelaterZ--