Neko

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Last night on Last Comic Standing

The finals in Vegas.
Among the celeb judges are Tess (finalist last year), Drew Carey, and Brett Butler.

This year, they've split the 20 finalists into two groups of ten. This first group performed and five we chosen to live in the house in the Hollywood Hills. Clearly there were some who were chosen that I wouldn't have chosen, sparking debate on the LCS discussion board on NBC.com that the show is rigged, and that Carey and Butler were rather pissed off that their choices were ignored.

I like the little vignettes of the different contestants, and I already found two I don't like. Todd is a blowhard who thinks he's God's gift to comedy. He's in the group that will perform tonight. Bonnie dissed the other female comics as not being good as a group (I didn't find her particularly funny, especially when she started off her set with a joke containing the "C" word. I don't find vulgarity funny, Bonnie). She performed last night.

So, the first half of the house is filled. Those making the cut are:

  • Ant (he made the Vegas finals last year and just missed out, so I'm glad he's getting another chance)

  • Bonnie (see comments above. I hope she gets booted fast)

  • Corey (He's Mom's favorite so far. Very funny!)

  • Gary (He's the really tall one, and pretty funny himself)

  • Kathleen (She's my favorite of the women so far. Glad she's in the house)


  • The second group will be chosen on tonight's show. Tune in!

    --MorelaterZ--