Neko

Friday, June 25, 2004

My ex husband's selfishness knows no bounds (rant alert)

He keeps pleading poverty, yet he had bought himself another old car, is trying to get it registered in New Hampshire (he lives in Massachusetts), but doesn't have enough money to pay child support. It's supposed to come out of his paycheck, then he tells me that he was being paid "under the table" until he could get back on his feet. He tells me that's he's on the payroll at his job now, but we haven't seen any child support payments since APRIL!!!

So he can get on his feet? The child support he owes is from before the two older boys became adults. He's in arrears right now. When I filled out Jeff's financial aid forms, they needed the amount of support Jon paid last year. Guess how much Jon paid in child support last year? $230.00, that's how much.

Short of thowing his ass in jail, what can I do? I've already told the state authorities in Massachusetts where he's working, but no payments have been made. He won't send it willingly. I don't have the money to sue him...my mom is thinking of telling his mom about all this, but I don't see where it would do any good.

The man's a deadbeat, pure and simple. Perhaps he should go back to the days when he had nothing and I supported his lazy ass. This is when we were still married and he got laid off, he expected me to take care of him on my ten-dollar-an-hour paycheck! I told him to get out and find work or get unemployment. In Virginia where we were living at the time, he had to show that he was looking for work, whether he had any interviews, etc. to get unemployment payments. He had to be forced to look for work, just as he had to be forced to pay child support!

I can't work due to my disability. Believe me, if I could work, I would. Jobs are not easy to find here, and the work I was doing is now being outsourced to places overseas. Until I can get disability payments, then Jon will just have to unclench that tight fist of his and give his kids some support. The money to send Jeff to OU ain't gonna grow on trees for God's sake!

Oooohhh! That jerk burns me up! That he would deny his children money to help me and their grandmother support them is just pure evil on his part. We'll find a way to get money out of him, even if it means forcing him to sell things of value like his computer and his car, and garnishing his wages for life. I asked him, before he got this current job, to please tell them that he has this obligation, but he didn't. His employer helped him avoid paying child support by paying him under the table! I wonder what story he told them as to why he wanted to be paid under the table (because I know it was his idea, not theirs). Oh, my evil and selfish ex-wife! he probably told them.

I can't talk about this anymore, because the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get.

/end rant (for now)

--MorelaterZ--