Neko

Monday, April 12, 2004

My ex is a hypocrite

He's getting a settlement from a former employer for being unfairly terminated. First he tells me that he'll give me half, then he tells me he'll see what's left after he pays his obligations. Meanwhile, he has a job.

When we were still married and he was out of work (and not looking for work unless he was forced to), I carried him on my meager $10 an hour salary. We were barely making it when he DID work. Now the shoe's on the other foot, and he acts like he doesn't owe me a dime. This is the same man that has to be forced to pay child support by having his wages garnished...but he can afford cable internet.

Even if he doesn't think I have a stake in his settlement windfall, his kids do. He flippantly tells me to "keep looking" for work. What the fuck does he think I've been doing for the last 15 months? Sitting on my ass doing nothing (like he did)?

I think he owes me, but he threatens to not give me anything if I keep bringing it up. Hmmm, money has somehow become important now that I don't have any. How does he think I'm going to pay to see a doctor if I don't have any money? Hmmmm?

End rant.

MorelaterZ--