Neko

Monday, January 05, 2004

Root Canal?! I don't think so!

...especially since it's $1000, and it's not my money I'm playin' with!

Just got back from the dentist, and the whole right side of my face is numb. I thought a filling had fallen out, but it looks like I somehow traumatized the very back molar, and a nerve got exposed. Everytime I ate or drank something, it hurt like a mother!

The dentist gave me three options: root canal (not just no, but fuck no!), extraction, or to adjust my bite so that when I bite down, it doesn't hurt as much. I chose to have my bite adjusted because it was the lesser of three evils. It was also the cheapest.

The problem may just fix itself if I leave it alone, because the dentist didn't want to do a root canal or pull it out if it wasn't needed. My tooth isn't cracked as far as she could see.

She also told me that I need my teeth cleaned, which I knew, and I told her that I'd come back for that when I could afford to pay for it myself.

In other news...

Saon called me last night. He and the Ice Bitch have to move from the house on 9th street because Saon's godfather is going to remodel the house and they can't live there while they are doing that. That's why Saon's phone was shut off permanently over the weekend. That's when he found out he had to move out.

He says things are fine there, but he called from work. He said he got the note I sent and not to send anything further to 9th Street, that he'll let me know when he has a new address and phone number.

He asked me to call him back at work about an hour later. I asked if that was okay since he told me not to call him on the job anymore. He told me that as long as I asked for him, that it was okay to call him there. So I called him back about an hour later, and we talked for all of about five minutes, because he had to go on a run (go out to a ship on the river to resupply it with food, water, and other supplies). He's supposed to call me back today sometime, but I'll believe it when he calls. I'm not holding my breath.

Why is he calling me on the sly? Something's not right in "tha N.O." between those two.

MorelaterZ--