Neko

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

The bus trip home was unreal. It started in Picayune after Saon dropped me off at the Spur station. It was 10:30am and the bus didn't come until 1:25pm (or so I thought). A bus showed up at 11am, and since the Spur station wasn't really a bus station, I couldn't pick up my ticket there, but at the first station with a ticket counter. The bus that came at 11am was going to New Orleans, so I got on. Once I got to New Orleans, however, things got very weird. The reference number I'd been given was for the trip TO Picayune, not for the return trip to OKC. Turns out that my brother in law was given the wrong number. After getting the correct reference number, I was told that the schedule didn't have a stop in New Orleans. After a few minutes of searching the computer, I got a ticket that would take me thru a rather large chunk of Louisiana, but would still get me to OKC at the same time as the originial schedule.

At 2pm, I got on the bus headed to Shreveport, which would connect to a bus headed to Dallas. I'd change buses in Dallas to go to Wichita Falls, TX, which would eventually get me to OKC.

I think the next time I go to Picayune to see Saon, I'm going to fly into New Orleans and he can drive the hour or so to pick me up. I can't do that much sitting in one position for that amount of time. My back and my butt can't handle it. LOL

More laterz--